Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Farewell Letter

Long time, after 5 years I am posting a farewell letter to my ex-colleagues in Gridstone whom I promised to share it at the time when I left...Never did that, but now I am doing it (copying it from my book).

Final Day at GSR.

The D Day has come. Time passes by so quickly that one can't realize that his temples are turning gray. I have come here today with heavy heart and an anxious one which does not like parting. Rather than parting it is the resistance to change, a natural tendency, which humans tend to dislike. I am facing that today.

It is very difficult to move on, particularly when person gets attached to different people in the organization. Leaving family is always a pain, but one has to move on, to explore and to know himself better. In that sense, Gridstone's journey has helped me to know myself better and helped in definitely bond with new friends. It is the number of people you have known who help you in achieving your life goals in life and making it successful.

At the hindsight, I cherished every moment at GSR (except covering Marriott and Starwoods) and would like to keep in touch with you guys. Thanks for making the journey pleasurable. World is round but small, so we shall meet, someday / sometime. Till then goodbye and be the force with you!

Yours truly,
Rathin

PS. Some of the friends whom I will really miss along...

1. Arun (The Boss)
He has got the most infectious laughter here at GSR and you will never know when you start laughing along with him. I am sorry for the tantrums when the work was assigned some work to me all of a sudden.

2. Priyank (Big Daddy)
Unreasonable to the core, but its this unreasonableness which brings out the best within you. One of the most logical person to work with. I've worked with him since beginning and made a wonderful friend.

3.RahulS (Chuddy Buddy)
I couldn't think of getting separated from Rahul, that's the reason I never shifted from my old desk. He is with me since training and a very special friend.

4. Richa (Loquacious Typhoon)
A fun and frolic gal, who can make friends easily. Covered ALA with her and cant forget those customer win PRs

5. Karishma (GSR BBC)
Who is the person who always knows that grapevine at GSR. If you wanna know any news update, visit Karishma's desk. Though, nowadays Himali is also becoming quite a Sherlock. I still respect the name given by Karishma - OOPS!!!

6. Milind (A mystery)
He is the guy who never opens up but emanates significant radiance. I still can't understand his Quote "Life is a NND". So, if someones has a chance to decipher this meaning. Please call me up.

7. Himali (Silence is Golden)
She never speaks up. But off-late, she is stepping into Karishma's shoes.

8. Amit and Hardik (The Dazzling Duo)
Thank you both for putting up a strong show for me.

- Many have left since...Will miss them too...

Shabba Khair!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So well written Rathin. And this was back in 2013, and I know you have gotten even better with your writing skills now :)

Milind said...

Well Written Rathin...I am still a mystery for many :)